For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM-F has been operating in Ethiopia since 1986 in different types of health projects from long-term interventions to emergency response in various regions (Somali, Afar…).
In response to the Tigray crisis, MdM has sent a fact-finding mission to set-up an emergency program.
The security situation in Tigray remains volatile and unpredictable and access is particularly limited in remote and rural areas.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the field coordinator and with functional link with the administrative coordinator in Addis Abeba, you support the MdM emergency intervention in Tigray region.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
- Establishment of the administrative department: oversee the recruitment of the administrative team and implement the MdM administrative and finance policies and procedures
- Finance management: be responsible for preparing financial statements, maintaining cash controls, preparing the payroll and personnel administration and managing office operations
- Budget management: develop and monitor field office budgets in close collaboration with all base departments and the administrative coordinator based in Addis Abeba
- Human resources: implement the procedures for process recruitment, keep up to date staff files and ensure the establishment of staff rules & regulations
- Team management: train and supervise the administration team
- Audit: support the office on audit, financial risk management and fraud prevention issues.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee
Duration : 3 months
Starting date: as soon as possible
Temporary based in Addis Abeba until travels to Tigray/Mekelle be allowed
Gross monthly salary: 2 587 euros
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite), minimum of 6 months seniority required
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Degree on accounting, business administration, finance or any other related field
Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a similar position in high risk humanitarian contexts
Full or part professional qualifications in finance and accounting
Knowledge of Saga software
Knowledge of donors’ regulations and reporting requirements
Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office package (including MS Work, Excel and PowerPoint) and Internet is required; Knowledge of ERP systems is desirable
Languages: English is mandatory (written and spoken), French is an asset
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
How to apply:
Please apply via the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JYKKAfRo?idpartenaire=128