Communication Specialist Consultant, part time
Based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Reports to Chief of Party, Transform WASH
Who we are
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 5,000 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 40 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using it’s global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
PSI seeks a Communication Specialist to help us work closely with the PSI/Ethiopia’s WASH (Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene) and communication/business development team to create communications materials for internal and external PSI audiences. The position will work up to 5 days per month.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Write original English content and edit already produced work for internal and external audiences to an exceptional level of quality, including technical and business-related material
- Collect information from the Transform WASH Team and produce quality communication products synthesizing program and technical learning
- Work independently with guidance from the program team and minimal requirement of further editing
- Provide ad-hoc communication support as needed
- Writing and editing blog posts, briefs, learning notes, Twitter posts, PowerPoint presentations, graphs/tables/data visualizations, and other communication products**Qualifications**
What are we looking for?
- Undergraduate Degree in English or Journalism, Business Administration, or related field of study
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience
- Demonstrated excellence (native-level) in English article writing and editing with social media experience
- Skills in creating visualizations (chart, graphs, etc.) for use in written and video/animation formats as well as program reports
- In-depth knowledge of communication best practices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Meticulous attention to detail with a commitment to producing accurate and quality work
- Ability to work professionally and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Pro-active and able to manage time well
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- References will be required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
- Must be able to legally work in Ethiopia.
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt.
Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
- Consultant – Part-time
*Due to high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted. Curious about your status? Please log into your iCIMS account to find out.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: [email protected] or call (202)785-0072.