FHI 360 is harnessing its four decades of development experience to provide humanitarian assistance in crisis-affected countries. FHI 360’s Crisis Response Team (CRT) meets the urgent needs of people whose lives are jeopardized by conflict, disaster, or displacement. FHI 360’s Crisis Response Team is looking to expand operations and technical programming in Tigray, Ethiopia to respond to the current crisis.
Scope of Work
FHI 360 is seeking a Field Coordinator (Consultant) to lead the programmatic efforts in Adigrat, Tigray. The Field Coordinator is responsible for the overall leadership in planning, executing, and coordinating the efforts of team members and stakeholders in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Field Coordinator will manage and define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout the completion of the project’s life cycle. They will also create work plans based on the goals of the project, implement evidence-based interventions in multi-sector areas and collaborate with other sectors to create integrated work plans and budgets that are essential for the success of the project. Additionally, the Field Coordinator will take lead in ensuring the financial, administrative, and logistical efficiency and ensuring that all aspects of the program are compliant with FHI 360’s policies. This position is a three-month engagement.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manages and oversees the development of projects from initiation to completion.
- Ensures all operations, administrative, expenditures, and activities outlined in project-related MoUs are consistent with the project’s work plan and budget.
- Guide the day-to-day activities of the project with an emphasis on management of logistics, finance, and overall administrative program operations.
- Assist with the coordination of provincial and regional field presence, whether in the form of new offices or as a supplement of staff, equipment, and infrastructure to an existing office.
- Manages capacity-building project staff in coordinating and managing the implementation of project activities, delivery quality accountability.
- Provide guidance and monitoring for project staff, ensuring clarity over project plans and priorities, and encouraging effective teamwork.
- Develops best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Defines project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals and the strategic vision of management.
- Develops and delivers project plans, documentation, training, presentations, and budget proposals to management and staff.
- Identifies and resolves project issues and implements improvement plans to ensure the project stays on schedule and within budget.
- Coaches, mentors, and managed project team to ensure quality, efficiency, and compliance with project and company standards/policies.
- Builds, develops and grows partnerships vital to the success of the project.
- Produce field assessment reports and recommendations for the Adigrat operation.
Location of Work
Important Note: Applicant should research COVID-19 measures and the associated risks of this location before submitting an application.
Level of Effort: 3 Months
Period of Engagement: Mid-October 2021 – January 2022
Travel and accommodations are provided
- Master’s degree or its International Equivalent, experience in Nutrition, Public Health, or related technical field
- Proven experience with food security programming
- At least 8 years of professional experience in designing, implementing, or supporting food security programming, specifically within a humanitarian context
- Skilled in developing responsive, evidence-based program designs
- Demonstratable experience designing and leading technical assessments using appropriate methodologies; strong background in monitoring and evaluation preferred
- Experience coordinating complex programs with the UN cluster/sector system, experience as a cluster co-lead is preferred
- Experience establishing and leading successful startup operations/projects in complex emergencies situations
Prior experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency or related industry experience
Sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned area
Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Proposals will be evaluated in accordance with the following criteria:
- Knowledge of standard food security approaches and best practices
- Expertise in humanitarian programming and implementation
- Consultancy experience with similar organizations
How to apply:
Timetable and Address for Submission
Applications must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by 08 October 2021 11:59 PM EDT. Please send by email to [email protected] with the subject line “Emergency Field Coordinator – Crisis Response”.
Proposals must include the following components:
- Current CV
- Cover letter (max one page) summarizing experience
Name and contact details of two professional references
Your consulting daily rate. Please note that the rate should be all-inclusive; no separate hazard pay or daily allowance will be provided.
FHI 360 Disclaimers
- FHI 360 may perform a background check on any selected Consultant candidates.
- FHI 360 may cancel the solicitation and not award
- FHI 360 may reject any or all responses received
- Issuance of the solicitation does not constitute an award commitment by FHI 360
- FHI 360 reserves the right to disqualify any offer based on failure of the offeror to follow solicitation instructions
- FHI 360 will not compensate any offeror for responding to a solicitation
- FHI 360 reserves the right to issue award based on initial evaluation of offers without further discussion
- FHI 360 may choose to award only part of the activities in the solicitation or issue multiple awards based on the solicitation activities
- FHI 360 reserves the right to waive minor proposal deficiencies that can be corrected prior to award determination to promote competition**
- FHI 360’s supplier terms and conditions can be found here while our consultant terms and conditions can be found here