World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 34,000+ staff members in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Through our work, every 60 seconds… a family gets water… a hungry child is fed… a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
As the Programmes Manager, Tigray Response, you will lead the Programmes Department, supervising a small but growing team and overseeing the planning funding, implementation, evaluation and reporting of respective programme operations. This position will require intensive coordination with the all departments of the Response, as well as ongoing strengthening of information management tools and processes.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Grants Acquisition and Proposal Design
- Grants Management and Reporting:
- Quality Assurance, Accountability and Information Management
- World Vision Partnership & External Relations
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, International Development, International Relations or related field.
- 5-7 years’ experience in emergency response, humanitarian and/or development programming or similar humanitarian/social work involving grants.
- 3-5 years’ experience leading a team in an emergency response setting, humanitarian and/or development programming.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
- Hostile Environmental Awareness Training or other recognized personal security course.
Fluency in English.
Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.
How to apply:
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by 01 OCT 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.