World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 34,000+ staff members in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Through our work, every 60 seconds… a family gets water… a hungry child is fed… a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
As the Communications & Marketing Director, you will:
- Increase the overall reputation, trust, and income of World Vision Ethiopia. Provide strong strategic communications and marketing leadership for the organisation.
- Lead in the development and implementation of an integrated strategy for the building of a high-performance communications and marketing function that is managed, structured, focused, and staffed for productive and quality work. This strategy will identify the key communications and marketing needs of World Vision Ethiopia, while setting and steering strategic communications and marketing goals and processes that are contextualised to and in alignment with its core ministry functions and goals nationally and with our global strategy, Our Promise.
- Ensure alignment with global marketing and communications strategic objectives of; achieving high-quality and sustainable funding, ignite content, ignite global voices, and ignite staff.
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, Media, Journalism, Arts or similar.
- 10-years experience leading and managing marketing and communications teams in international humanitarian and development sector, business, or creative industries.
- Demonstrated experience managing corporate partnerships and developing major donor relationships.
- Advanced technical skills in at least one or more of the major areas of the job, such as; creative services, public engagement, corporate communications, marketing operations, supporter engagement, business development, etc.
- Fluency: English is required
Basic knowledge: Amharic or other local language is desired. Willingness to learn.
Working primarily in the head office in Addis Ababa, semi-regular travel locally and internationally will be required.
How to apply:
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by 29 SEPT 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.