Qatar Charity is an International non-governmental charitable organization founded in Qatar in 1992 under the provisions of the law that governs the establishment of charitable associations and private institutions of the State of Qatar. QC has presence in 63 countries out of which 31 country offices. QC work in 8 development sectors and 7 humanitarian sectors.
Please note: Only Ethiopian citizens are eligible for this position**
The Accountant is responsible for managing overall accounting and bookkeeping and ensuring that adequate and appropriate internal controls are in place to meet generally recognized accounting standards and QC’s policies and procedures. Specific areas of responsibility include financial report preparation, review and submission to QC HQ, cash flow management. This is a full-time position based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
· Execute expenses.
· Monitor, analyze and operationalize financial transactions.
· Prepare voucher payments and input all local accounting data.
· Enter data in Quick Books Accounting Software.
· Maintain Petty Cash (including receipt and payment – including affixing PAID stamp).
· Maintain Day Book.
· Verify invoices for the purchase of good and services for the program.
· Prepare daily and monthly cash and bank reconciliation.
· Prepare monthly fund request.
· Liaise with bank as and when required.
· Deposit monthly tax to Ministry of Finance Treasury on time.
· Support external auditor and Finance and Administrative Specialist on balances and financial reports.
· Support Finance and Administrative Specialist in preparing monthly salary and reports.
· Ensure that all financial transactions are up to date in the accounting system.
· Regular finance data backup, archive the accounting record weekly by scanning and uploading on Egnyte and monthly dispatch of original records to QC HQ.
· Prepare and maintain updated financial information for audits.
· Disbursement of monthly staff salary.
· Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor(s)/management.
· Arabic language Proficiency is mandatory- writing, speaking, reading-, English Language proficiency is secondary.
· Bachelor’s degree or CPA in relevant field required.
· A minimum five years of experience in financial management in Ethiopia required.
· Proficiency and experience using MS Excel and QuickBooks.
· Ability to work collaboratively with partners and vendors.
· Experience with USAID funded project.
· Previous experience working on programs implemented in conflict zones.
How to apply:
To apply: please send your C.V to [email protected],** Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.